Simple steps to disable iMessage on iPhone
Category : How To
The instant messaging service iMessage by Apple is an alternative to standard SMS for free to all Apple devices and it is also possible to install iMessage for Widows. The application launched in 2011 with iOS 5 update. With iMessage users can send text, videos, documents, photos to any other Apple devices that uses iMessage and it uses internet to send data unlike SMS/MMS service. iMessage is available free for all, and it had become so popular that in less than a year most of the people in America had stopped using traditional SMS/MMS services which are having limitations and chargeable. iMessage is totally free and more powerful than any other messaging service. Users can do a lot more than just texting with iMessages.
In the earlier versions of iMessage it’s hard to disable iMessage in your iPhone or iPad but now the developers at Apple have made the process very simple to disable iMessage.
I am going to disable iMessage in three ways one with thedevice, second without device but having sim card linked to iMessage and finally thethird one with Apple ID and password. Here are the steps to disable iMessage on any Apple device.
1) Go to settings icon and tap it (it will be present in the home menu)
2) Tap on Messages tab in the settings.
3) Now the first option will be iMessage right to it if it shows Green color then you iMessage is active, tap on the green color and it changes to white which indicates iMessage is disabled.
Steps to disable iMessage remotely without your device. For this you will will need the sim card with which iMessage is linked. This is an even simple method to disable iMessage but using this will disable iMessage on all the devices.
1) Go to this web address https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage.
2) Enter the mobile number and wait for the confirmation code.
3) Enter the confirmation code and click submit, that’s it iMessage in all the devices linked to the sim card will be deregistered.
In this process you will need Apple ID with which the device is connected and its password. This process is thebest way you have if your device is lost or stolen. You can select any device linked to your Apple ID and disable only in that particular device. This process is more flexible to use than the second option where iMessage will be disabledon all devices.
1) Login to https://supportprofile.apple.com/ with the Apple ID and Password.
2) Select the device you what the iMessage to be disabled and click “Unregister” button.
3) Now iMessage will be disabled in the device.
These are the three ways in which you can disable iMessage for your iPhone, iPad or iPod.Mostly they will not be any reason for anyone to turn off the iMessage due it’s less data usage and users can disable data services if he or shedo not have an active internet pack.